Fire Safety in Childcare Setting and Early Learning Centres
Need assistance in Fire Safety Compliance & Emergency Preparedness?.
Concerned about Fire Safety for your Centre?
Let us take the worry out of your day so you focus on what you do best, the children. Australian Fire Protection(AFP) designs emergency plans and evacuation diagrams for both single &
multi-storey Fire Safety For Early Learning Centres (ELC). Ensuring your Centre is safe for staff, children and visitors requires careful consideration of fire safety, emergency planning and evacuation procedures. This means having staff that are trained professionally and evacuation procedures that are well rehearsed.
The Australian Standards describes an emergency as any event that arises internally, or from external sources, which may adversely affect the occupants or visitors in a facility, and which requires an immediate response. For Early Learning Centres this means, having a well-designed Emergency Plan that educators can easily follow when evacuating the children.
For Early Learning Centres in multi-storey buildings these challenges will include the locations of babies and toddlers rooms in the facility, equipment availability and the number of staff on site to be able to assist in the evacuation of children using evacuation cots, evacuation prams and baby carriers.
Planning and Evacuation Practice
Planning, regular training and evacuation practice are key factors that all Early Learning Centres must constantly review and consider. At AFP, we ensure Fire Safety for Early Learning Centres by Preparing People for Emergencies. Our Fire Safety Advisors will work with you to ensure your team is ready to face any emergency that may arise by ensuring: -
- Emergency Plan with site specific emergency procedures & educators’ responses for each room to ensure your ELC emergency preparedness
- Safety signs in childcare centres, including evacuation diagrams depicting optimal exit paths for each fire safety reference point
- Evacuation diagrams designed with minimum & optional elements such as first aid kits, evacuation bags etc.
- Evacuation diagrams orientated correctly and located along the evacuation path
- Conducting building Fire Safety Audits at required intervals to ensure your ELC meet necessary fire compliance
- Rehearse Evacuation Drills to ensure educators respond in accordance to their emergency plan
- Wardens and staff trained in first response / first attack fire fighting
- Wardens and staff trained in warden duties /evacuation coordination procedures
- Training for childcare workers
Speak To A Fire Safety Compliance Specialist
We service Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Tweed Heads, Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Lismore and Ballina.
Outside our service area?
In fact, we have no limitations on where we can travel to. From Brisbane to NSW, Victoria, Northern Territory and Darwin. Let's talk and we can show you how affordable we actually are!
Call us on 1300 80 3473 for an obligation free quote
100% IRON CLAD GUARANTEE
Australian Fire Protection now offers a 100% Iron Clad Guarantee for ALL training.
We offer the highest industry standard training and guarantees that you will walk away trained effectively and satisfied.
If you are not completely satisfied, we offer to send a new trainer completely free to redo the course or a refund less the administration fee within 90 days after course completion.
We wouldn't offer this guarantee, if we didn't believe we are great at what we do.